It is possible to login in the Ceezam app and on multiple devices, with the same account and password. However it is not recommended. Therefore we suggest, as a principal user, to "share" your devices with other users.
There are two main ways to share one or more products :
- Sharing a product directly from te product settings (basic way of sharing. Users can only do basic control settings without adding advanced timers or automations. This option is mostly used when you need to (temporarely) share a device with restricted access.
- Sharing a complete home setup, with the option to give users basic or advanced access to your Smart home. This option is mostly used within family member situations.
Follow the steps below if you only have one or want to share some devices with one or more users.
- STEP 1 : In the device list, go to the appropriate device you want to share. Tap the icon of the device.
- STEP 2 : Tap the “settings” icon within the app (top right corner) and tap “share device” within the settings. Attention : in this case you only share the device for an (un)determined period. All other devices in your list are not shared.
- STEP 3 : Enter the user's country and email of the user you want to share the device with. Press Done. Attention : The user you want to share the device with must also have created an account.
- STEP 4 : As soon as you confirm, the other user is notified of a shared device. This user can confirm within his app and also operate the device in the app. Attention : this user can only operate the device. If he also wants control over the automatisations, you must grant access to this user for your complete “Home” setup.
- TIP : Device sharing can be used be for one or multiple other users.
Follow the steps below if you want your entire smart home shared with one or more users, with full or limited rights.
- STEP 1 : Go to your personal settings in the app (Me). Here you can find all the settings of your home or manage personal settings.
- STEP 2 : Tap on "Home management" and select the house you want to share with one (or more users). Attention : in this case you share the entire smart home and all devices with a user.
- STEP 3 : Under your Home settings you can choose to "add member". Select "App account", Enter the country, and and email from the user who you want share your home with. Finally, you can also choose what rights this user may have:
- This user is able to do all management together with you. This is an administrator.
- This user may use the device and the activate actions set by you, but cannot make any further automation settings. This is a regular user.
Attention : The user where you install the device want to share, you must also have an account have created.
- STEP 4 : As soon as you confirm, the other user is notified of a shared house. This user can also consent and from then on the control devices or manage your home (depending on your choise).
TIP : Sharing your house can be used for several other users with each user having different rights. Users can be removed at any time.